Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Surgery Went Well... Just Recoving Now

The surgery went well on Friday. But, man, that sucked. I couldn't do anything myself for a few days. I couldn't move without help. Even trying to roll or sit up was impossible, plus it hurt. I've just laid around sleeping the last few days.
This is Sunday, 2 days after surgery.

I went into physical therapy on Monday. That was fun! I met some great people and it felt so good to exercise. The exercises made my knee pretty sore that day. The next day (this morning) my leg was really swollen and even more sore. But I've iced and it's looking better.
This is today, Tuesday. Pretty huh?!

So, for the next 2 weeks, the plan is to do my exercises, try to get my quad firing correctly again and keep my leg straight. After that, hopefully I will be able to stand on it an keep progressing! Wish me luck on this long recovery!
These are some flowers my sister sent me from the "Oopsie Daisy Florist"- cute, huh?!



And, my monkey named, "Anterior Cruciate Funky Monkey Fix."


2 Comments:

Blogger genex magazine said...

Hey you hope you are doing well - the leg looks buff still! :)

15:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the recovery. You might want to reach out to Jamie Reed. 2 day out of surgery she was on PT and went strainght to the gym. At 5 weeks out, she was bending to 132 degrees and walking very close to completely normal (they took her out of the brace after 1 week and she's now crutch-free). Stairs still suck ;-) I wish you well on your recovery. Take care now.

Ibarramedia

09:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home