Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The latest update.

I'm back in Phoenix, I had a great weekend...despite the crutches and the cold.
The wedding was amazing. It was great to see and spend time with my family and friends. I had a great birthday too.

I am seeing a surgeon tomorrow to schedule the surgery.

I am in good spirits, but I've got to tell you I'm totally frustrated. I'm nervous about being off work for a month, paying the bills, the recovery and my future. I know I need to do everything right, no cutting corners because I need to be back to 100%. (But that involves being sedentary, and that is TOUGH for me.) Bodybuilding and competing will be tough to do for a few years. This will just be another big obstacle for me. Nothing I can't overcome.

When you think about it; a reconstructive knee surgery is minor campared to obstacles some people face everyday. I still have a lot to be thankful for, because I will recover from this.

I just need some love and support through this. And, I have to send a huge THANK YOU to Bill. Thank you Bill for being so kind and thoughtful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the ACL tear. I'm sure you will be ok. I wish you well. Take care now Amy.

Ibarramedia

11:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home