Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am progressing SO WELL!! I am very pleased.

This is the first time since Guillian-Barre that I've really felt unable to get better quickly. I normally feel like I can walk it off, and even when I injured my knee, now 3 weeks ago, I felt like I could make a speey recovery.
Well, after the surgery, I feel differently. I don't feel like I can push it. I need to rest it, protect the graft and let my body heal.
I saw the surgeon today, he is very pleased! We discussed my rehab, we both want to be aggressive with my recovery, and so we hit it hard today!
The therapists are great! I can straighten my knee (which is a BIG accomplishment). I RODE the BIKE for 5 mins!!... SLOWLY...but I did it! I even did the leg press with 1 plate on 1 leg, the bad leg! How cool is that?!- I really didn't think I would be able.
It helps to have professionals help, push and guide me. They are helping me to put weight on it, slowly I am being weened off crutches. That will be a great day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, i'm glad you are making some progress. Have you contacted Jamie Reed?(Fury from AG) anyway lean on those professionals with regards to your rehab. Remember 1 step at a time.

Ibarramedia

12:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home