Friday, March 23, 2007

Freakin Awesome Workout! I'm Strong.

HELLO!! I just finished a workout/battle. Here's the story:
A few days ago...no wait. I have to go back further.
Jack (you know my buddy Jack) well, he's a trainer at my gym. He trains this guy Jay. Jay is maybe 6'2" with a muscular build. Not Big and muscular, but you can tell he works out pretty hard almost everyday. You know what I mean??

Anyway, I always see him in there and he always make comments about how big my arms are..blah blah blah. Well, the other day, he was saying how he hates to train legs. I love legs and I told him I'll do it with him. He said he was TOO strong for me and I couldn't keep up. IT'S ON! So, we've been talking smack to each other for a few days and today was the day!
First, I had to ride the bike for 30 min at level 12. Eek, I never get up to 12, but that's what Jay does, so I did. (What he doesn't know is I had already done cardio twice and been working since 5:30am.)

Then, we trained shoulders first. I forgot that they do shoulders and legs together. (Which actually worked for me because those are my strongest areas.) Shoulder press, lateral raises, and rear delts. I took him on! I was even with him on reps, sets and weight the whole time! HA! He was nervous.

Then, when legs began. I kicked his booty! Leg press, hack squat, 1 leg squats & calves. I kicked his booty hard! I lifted more, did more reps and sets! HA! I'm so energized! He knows I beat him and everyone else in the gym knows too! Hee Hee.

I didn't realize how strong I actually was. It's so motivating to know that I can compete and beat guys in the gym!

Ok, I'm done bragging, I just had to share because I feel so good! RRrraaahhhrr!

3 Comments:

Blogger genex magazine said...

Uh oh look out world! Way to go girl! :)

16:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
We should do legs someday. It would be a good experience.

ibarramedia

16:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
What are your current best lifts in the gym? If you ever come to Maryland look me up so we can lift. Take care now.

Ibarramedia

19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home