Thursday, January 05, 2006

A triathalon perhaps..

Yesterday, my current boss (who is a former personal training client of mine) asked me to do a triathalon in June. I declined since I would be doing the Jr. Nationals in June. But, I have always wanted to do a full triathalon, and I will one day. But I'm not done competing in bodybuilding yet. When I don't want to do it all anymore, I won't. But it becomes a great lifestyle that you can't just stop. Not to mention the totally different training principles.

Basically, she wants me to stop bodybuilding and focus on what she thinks is a "healthier" sport. I reminded her that I would be just as crazy if I was training for a triathalon or bodybuilding show. My life revolves around my sport of choice!

I'm just tired of getting crap from people that think I need to quit bodybuilding. It must be scary for people to see someone so committed to something, do well, enjoy it and continue to do it well. But, if I was an Olympic gymnast do you think I would still get crap?

1 Comments:

Blogger Oaktree said...

Excellance requires focus, but many will attempt to offer diversions for whatever their motivation. Elite bodybuilding, especially for women, can be threatening and seem an obsession to many persons.

06:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home