Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Dwell on Things Too Much

Today was back day. It was a good one. Started with 6 sets of pullups (wide and close grip), then this great "tractor pull" machine. I love the deep squeezes and stretches you get with those 2 exercises. Next, were pull overs and then finally rack pulls. I am normally pretty strong on deadlifts, so I was excited to rack pull. Plus, I was training with 2 guys and really wanted to push myself to a weight close to theirs. Four sets and so far so good, then the fifth and last set I messed up. I lost concentration on the 2nd rep with 275lbs on the bar! For some reason I just quit in the middle of the set. I was going for 6 reps and quit on 2! Ahhh! So, I stepped back and tried it again, but never got back into the set. I did 2 more reps and stopped. What a terrible way to end a good workout. I have thought about it all day.

About 2 months ago I decided to deadlift 315lbs. That was my goal. I missed it 3 times (in 3 consecutive weeks) before I finally got it! I shouldn't have missed it 3 times. It's all mental. I knew I could do it, but I didn't. Why do I have this problem with deadlifting only?

Okay...I'll stop dwelling now that I got that off my chest.

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home