Saturday, October 30, 2010

http://www.mtv.com/videos/made-season-11-ep-20-bodybuilder/1650891/playlist.jhtml

Above is a link to the full MADE episode I was just featured in.

I am very please with the show. It took 7 weeks over the summer to shoot this thing. Reality TV is really reality TV. I couldn't speak to my student, Kylee, unless a camera was rolling. MTV has hours, days and weeks of footage. There wasn't a script, I was just asked to do my job and prepare this girl for a competition.

Working with Kylee was ...different. Usually when I work with someone that wants to compete, they have some experience in the gym, but also have researched and seen a bodybuilding competition.
Kylee was none of those things. She had no clue what she was getting into. She admired bodybuilders and thought that it might be cool to have that kind of confidence. Then Iappreared in her life and her world changed! I expected a lot!
She really struggled with what I was asking of her. She was not used to being told, "you can't have that." Or, "not good enough.." She broke down on a few occasions.
I did my job the best I could. I was there to support her. I understood she has never done anything like this before. However, I reminded her she brought this on herself. She set this goal and she has ME a tool to get her there!
My biggest fear was that her story wouldn't be told correctly. I was afraid you wouldn't see her struggle, break down and then recover over and over again. I was afraid you wouldn't see the excitement, pride and joy she experienced when she stepped off stage. But, MTV did a fantastic job editing the show.

Let me know what you think!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amy, I think you did a great job considering she has never done this before. I think you came acrosss as fair, caring and firm. The only thing I hasve to question is the label of bodybuilder since she was actually in a figure competition. I guess that has more of a wow factor than 'Figure'. I'm just glad you were able to be seen on national tv. As always, you have my full support.



Ibarramedia

11:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home